opening of the first teashop in 1894 was
commemorated 40 years after by the
striking of a special commemorative medal.
Only 100 were struck. Each director
received one as did four original
shareholder, customers who had patronised
the Piccadilly teashop in 1894 on its
opening day and members of staff who had
completed 40 years service with the
company. This one was awarded to George
Dee who was a director.