Charles R. (1875-1951) joined the company in August 1894 when its
headquarters were still in the basement of the Olympia building.
He was born in Hammersmith ( lived in Paddington) and began his
career as an office boy in the time-keeper's office and later transferred
to the Trocadero Restaurant while that was being built. He served
for many years under Charles Oatley, the company's architect, and
later took over many of his responsibilities as architect himself.
Charles Fenn played an increasing part in the company's building
programme from the Cadby Hall site in 1894 until his retirement
in November 1946 at the age of 71. It included the demolition of
the old building on the site of the Trocadero Restaurant, the first
teashop, the Corner Houses, the Greenford Factory and the building
of the Cumberland Hotel. Charles Fenn died on 23 February 1951 aged