THE MENSTRIE CHALLENGE
As intimated elsewhere in this Newsletter our annual Constructor's Day
event will take place at the Scout Hall in Menstrie on Saturday 19th May.
As has become our wont, a competition will be held in the afternoon which
all members of the Society are cordially invited to enter. The details of
the competition are as follows:
Reversing Vehicle Competition
To produce a vehicle which will automatically reverse as many times as
possible between a pair of vertical obstacles 4 feet apart.
1. The motive power shall be a post Second World War Magic clockwork motor.
2. All parts of the model must be standard Meccano or Meccano replica
parts and appear in the ISM Inclusive Parts List
3. The Magic Clockwork Motor shall be an integral part of the moving vehicle.
4. The maximum size of the vehicle shall be width 9 inches and length 12
5. The model must start without assistance
6. Once an attempt is under way, the competitor may not touch it except to
straighten its course if necessary.
7. Each entrant will be allowed three attempts, the highest number of
reversals accomplished in any one attempt being the one taken into
consideration when deciding the winner.
8. The winner will be defined as the entrant whose model covers achieves
the greatest number of reversals on a level floor on one winding.
9. Proxy contestants are welcome.